Sunday 27 June 2010

Germany 4 - England 1

I'll be able to tell the grand kids...."I was there!?!" I wish I wasn't but I was there!! We were POOR!! And our 2010 World Cup tally is played 4, Shite 4!! I can't quite put my finger on it but if I were to hazard a guess it would be too slow at the back, no mid field and nothing up front!! Still we have had a lovely day. A 5AM start, a 700km drive and a narrow miss when a light aircraft landed on the central reservation, 15km short of Bloemfontein airport!?! No joke!!
Now I am off to investigate if you can change the title of your Blog to 'Big Hoff and Gerks play golf, drink beer and go Whale watching' you can follow this blog at our new site wwww.pissedofandskint.com

4 comments:

  1. Marko feel for you and all the other people who have spent their hard earned money to follow a load of over paid under skilled tossers who should be ashamed of themselves.Yes of course we scored twice but so what we were shite and we know we were in every game getting over hyped after just squeezing past might Slovenia says it all.Lets get an English manager in at least then we can all understand what he is saying and he surely wouldn't attempt to say post match that we played well and whoever it is would never ever play Heskey again.
    Hope you're safe I'm sure you'll make the best of your time out there and if you can get there go and see Tevez next Saturday now there's a player who gives his all.
    Cheers
    Granty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nichola Gerken28 June 2010 at 06:02

    Hi Dad! and Paul

    At least you get to play golf and go whale watching in a beautiful place! England always let you down don't they, my shirts in the bin! At least we beat the Aussies at cricket!

    Have a nice time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark and Paul,

    Feel gutted for you both. What a let down!!

    What was going on in training?? They looked like they'd never played together. John Terry should retire for international football given his pre world cup antics and his sluggish Sunday league performances. I hope that we now field a team of youngsters and build for the next world cup and not just think about the next euros..... goodbye to the so-called senior players!

    Enjoy the rest of your trip and I hope you get to see some decent football!! I say Brazil to win and if they do, I will pick up £200 in the work sweepstake!

    See you when you're back.

    Paul Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul & Mark
    Hear both you boys and now clean shaven - visible bits only! England players have been arrested on arrival for impersonating footballers but did receive a heroes welcome at Glasgow airport. Never mind now 48 years of hurt and counting. Enjoy the rest of the break and concentrate on the golf. Expect you both to be cheering on Andy Murray in the tennis.
    Cheers,
    Marc B

    ReplyDelete